So, I have been nominated for the Liebster Award by the lovely http://ordinarymisfit.com, whose owls rock, tribal print is the tribalest of prints and whose colour palette is impeccable – how she chooses her colours and marries them so perfectly, I have no idea.
It feels very special, both because it is my very first award and because I’ve only started blogging 13 days ago and nail stamping one week before that.
Plus, I’m pretty sure I discovered OrdinaryMisfit around her Happy Easter nails and have been following her ever since so a nomination from her means a lot.
The Liebster award is intended to give some exposure to small blogs with less than 200 followers. The rules are as follows:
1] Link back to the blogger who nominated you
2] Answer the 11 questions given to you by the blogger who nominated you
3] Nominate 11 other bloggers with less than 200 followers
4] Go to the blogs you nominated and notify them of your nomination
5] Give your nominees 11 questions to answer.
These are the questions OrdinaryMisfit would like me to answer:
1. What is in your bag right now?
Nobody has ever asked me that, I am so excited right now! I love reading what’s in other people’s handbags. My best friend always just rummages through my bag without asking, but I’m big on privacy so I have to wait for people to answer this type of question to satiate my curiosity :))
OK. *limps to her backpack* I gotta say, this isn’t the kind of content I’d have if I was at the uni or if I didn’t have a broken foot – usually it’s a total mess and there’s even metal tools and small hammers sometimes, and it’s always a pretty handbag, but with two crutches – backpack it is and only a minimum of things.
2. What is your favourite nail art technique?
Stamping! Definitely. I think it’s like magic, but better, because you don’t have to wait for a letter from Hogwarts to do it.
3. You can only choose one colour nail polish for the rest of forever. What colour do you choose?
I love this question! My green Inglot 968, hands down, it’s a slightly shimmery beauty and I would wear it for my judgment day, no problem. (there’s a picture of it in my virgin post if you want to take a look, it’s very true to colour)
4. Quick! There is a fire and you have to run for your life. What 5 items do you save first? (Not people or pets)
OMG, don’t start questions with ‘quick’, makes me panicky.
Uuu. I love this.
Honestly? 1) My iPad (probably cause I’d be holding it and reading a book at the time of the fire) 2) My handbag (there’d be passport and stuff in it) Oh wow, I am LITERALLY imagining it now. 3) Oh dear lord, I believe I’d try and grab my orange box of polishes, so shallow :D (but they’d melt otherwise, poor babies…) 4) My pot of tea. 5) My crutches.
5. Your top 5 beauty products you have to have and can’t live without?
1) Jojoba oil. 2) La Roche-Posay Toleriane Teint Mineral pressed powder SPF 25 3) My Inglot polishes 4) Rimmel Exaggerate in Aqua Sparkle 5) My DIY toner
6. Why do you blog? What do you want to achieve most?
I want to inspire people. Inspire people, spread colours and pretty.
7. Who is your favourite author or favourite book?
My favourite author is Harlan Coben and my favourite book is Chocolat, and it WILL change in a couple of days. But these are my current loves.
8. Your ultimate holiday destination. Where would you like to travel to most?
9. Your ultimate brand of polish or beauty product. Which brand would you love to have everything of?
Inglot. And their eye shadows are incredible too.
10. Strawberry or banana?
11. What is one thing no one – or very few people – know about you?
I am super obsessive about the way I make my tea. The water level cannot be touching the lid, temperature has to be just right (80 degrees Celsius) and so on. Now y’all know. :)
And now, I’m nominating…
First of all, let me start by saying that the blogs I nominated aren’t strictly under the 200 followers mark. They might be, I don’t know. There isn’t always a way to check that, plus, do you count FB, Instagram, bloglovin’ and/or Twitter followers? Tough nut. So, rather than obsessing over the follower count, I nominated 11 bloggers whose creations I love and who well deserve more traffic, and of course I paid attention and didn’t nominate blog magnates with hundreds of followers.
1. http://breakrulesnotnails.wordpress.com I mean, that girl is incredible, and her blog doesn’t lack traffic, but could still use more, her Dali Mani requires admiration and her Zombie Nails need to freak out more people.
2. http://monkeynailart.wordpress.com Scott Pilgrim vs The World nails, need I say more? Plus, her latest post about David Bowie rocks.
3. http://imanawkwardturtle.wordpress.com The Great Gatsby manicure, cool back to school stuff and, here and there, stamping.
4. http://worldinspiresyoucreate.wordpress.com She inspires alright. Plus, super pretty.
5. http://throughthelookingglassanddowntherabbithole.com This is a snackistan of a blog – coolest ever posts about Japanese snacks, beauty, boys and more. Great writing style and originality.
6. http://nailpolishgalore.com Cute freehanding. Zombies, pumpkins and food item-themed manis.
7. http://mentalmoma.wordpress.com Vibrant colours & nailporn.
8. http://thebubblybrunette.wordpress.com In her own words, swatch nirvana.
9. http://adornedclaw.wordpress.com Besides that awesome, sorta twinsie (I JUST noticed) address? You know nothing Jon Snow, there’s SO MUCH MORE. She stamps, she paints, she swatches, a triple act.
10. http://doctorcrafty.wordpress.com Successful first attempts and lovely colours.
11. http://thepolishinfluenza.wordpress.com Swatches, stamping and things you stick onto the nail and they catch attention.
Lastly, I need to come up with 11 questions for my nominees, here we go:
1) Name the first 5 items you see right now if you open your fridge.
2) What would be your dream career path? And is it the one you’re on right now?
3) What is your favourite nail polish finish and colour family?
4) If you could read only one book for the rest of your day, what book would it be?
5) Omnivore, carnivore or herbivore? Why?
6) Do you get OCD about stuff? If yes, describe three such things.
7) Be awesome and tell us, what’s in your bag?
8) What was your favourite childhood story/book and do you still like it or have you grown out of it?
9) If you could choose a wardrobe from any given decade and century what would it be?
10) Give us a description of what you see when you look out the window this very moment.
11) And lastly, what made you start your blog and what are your goals with it?
If you’d gotten through all that, you totally deserve a gift, come Christmas, I’ll talk to Santa, we go way back.